Durga Puja is one of the most important festivals of India, particularly in the state of West Bengal. Needless to say, it is celebrated in Kolkata, the capital city of the state, with a lot of devotion, pomp and show. While it is known as Durga Puja in West Bengal, the festival is celebrated in other parts of the country as Dussehra. It is basically a 10 day celebration that marks the victory of good over evil. However, the festival involves a great deal of preparation which includes cleaning, decorating and lighting the houses, preparing sweets and other delicacies and shopping for family and friends. Here are some innovative home decor ideas to aesthetically and colorfully decorate your home this Durga Puja:
- Decorating the entrance of the home: In order to keep the spirit of the Puja alive, it is essential to decorate and beautify the entrance of your house with the help of various hanging flowers on the doors. Apart from enhancing the aesthetic beauty of your home, these flowers are believed to bring good luck, peace and harmony into homes.
- Floral arrangement: The aesthetic appeal of one’s home may be added using some colorful flowers and arranging them in beautiful patterns and designs on the floor of your rooms. In this way, you can decorate your puja room, living room or your entrance with them. Some of the best interior designers in Kolkata may guide you in this regard.
- Floating candles: Another simple yet elegant way of decorating your home during this Durga Puja is by using floating candles to light the rooms. This can be done by filling a vessel with some water and then spreading some colorful flower petals on the vessel. If you can place this in the living room or hallway, your home will look beautiful.
- Paper decoration: One of the easiest ways to decorate your home is to make use of the colored papers. The colors of these papers should be stunning, vibrant and gorgeous so that it gives an attractive look. Paper lanterns may be made out of these papers to decorate the house by hanging them in the ceiling. You will be amazed to see how these simple papers transform your house into a beautiful space.
- Using Diyas and Rangolis: Homes may be decorated with the help of diyas that are available in different designs, shapes, sizes and colors. Rangoli is an integral part of Indian culture and are generally made at the entrance or courtyard of the house.
There are quite a number of home decor service in Kolkata that often guide you in decorating and designing your hour in the best possible way. So try using these home decor ideas this Durga Puja and captivate guests visiting your home during the festive occasion!